Saturday 3 September 2011

Creamy Carbonara!

If anyone asks me what my favourite dish is its straight up spaghetti carbonara. I make it probably 2 times a week (which i know is really bad for you!) but it is my comfort food! I sometimes wonder if my mom had an affair with an italian man because if i didnt know any better, i would have thought i had italian blood in me! I love pasta and bread, I could live on it! Ide be really fat! But i would be happy :)

I make this for my boyfriend all the time, this is my quick version, but of course add whatever veg you like! the lovely thing about my recipe is that you can throw in whatever you like and can make it as cheesy as you like! If you dont like cream or are trying to loose the pounds, try a few dollops of creme fraiche instead of cream and eggs (i prefer this but dont usualy have any in the fridge). 

If i am trying to impress I boil some chopped asparagus in with the pasta and throw that in. But tonight I needed my creamy cheesy fix after work and threw this together...

kirstys cheesy carbonara!

1) Boil your pasta in salted water for as long as required (use whatever pasta you like!)

2) Use either pancetta or smoked bacon, cut into small squares and try in a drop of olive oil. Bacon will fry in its own jiuces so no need to use loads of oil!

3) Whisk three eggs togther, when the meat is crispy. turn the pan off. Add the eggs after a minute when the pan has cooled down. the heat of the pan will cook the eggs. You want a sauce, not scrambled egg!

4) Then add a big splash of single cream (or skip the eggs and cream and use creme fraiche!).

5) Stir the sauce around until it goes creamy

6) Whack in a load of parmasan cheese or even mozerella or cheddar to your taste.

7) when the pasta is cooked, drain it and add it straight to the pan.

8) turn the pan on low and cook through for a few minutes, stirring as you go, until piping hot.

There you go! yummy carbonara! I hope you enjoy!

K x

1 comment:

  1. I love Carbonara! Its strange reading this, as yesterday I ate Carbonara. Strange things.
    http://oliviadollydaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete